Warwick is a lively market town, famous for its dramatic, perfectly preserved, castle which dates back to William the Conqueror, and whose grounds were landscaped in a grand scale by Capability Brown. Sitting on the River Avon, Warwick has extensive parks and gardens to enjoy on a summer's day, and as you walk round the town you can't fail to be impressed by the many chocolate-box style buildings. Then there's the Lord Leycester Hospital almshouses, military museums, ancient town wall gates, St Mary's church with its rare medieval ducking stool, and a lively market square, host to much entertainment!
EXPLOREDISCOVERENJOYXMAS30 at checkout to get 30% discount on 2 or more purchases!
Buy SAFELY using STRIPE (inc Apple Pay) or PAYPAL with a credit/debit card, or via your Paypal account.
Encrypted links guarantee maximum security.
DOWNLOAD a PDF to your computer (PC, Mac or mobile) right now and print at home for £5.99
Add to Basket
DOWNLOAD a PDF (alternate format) to use on your phone or tablet right now for £5.99
Add to Basket
BUY a BOOKLET which we will print and bind and send to you for £6.50 + P&P
Add to Basket
Closest Curious Walks
- An exploration of Warwick's town centre with two self-guided heritage walks with an optional treasure hunt. Completing the treasure hunt keeps everyone actively engaged, and urges you to look up, down and every-which-way - so you won't miss out on any of Warwick's treasures.
Explore, Discover, and Enjoy!
- Most clues are chosen for their historical value, so you'll learn about the diverse culture, significant people and extraordinary events which have influenced Warwick in becoming what it is today.
- Curious About Warwick is an outdoor, unsupervised activity - so you can go at a pace which suits you, whilst keeping you healthy!
- A Curious About walk is a fun and social activity for all the family and friends. Different people can take on different roles - follow the map, identify picture clues, read directions, etc - it's ideal for children from the age of 6, and if you can walk/wheelchair it, you're young enough!
- These two Curious About walks have been designed so that the second one follows on from where the first one ends. Do both, or have a breather and do the second one another day! They both start and finish in the heart of Warwick - so buses, trains and car parks are easily available to get you there and back.
- One Curious About booklet is suitable for up to 4 people, and is available to instantly download on purchase for printing at home or for using immediately on your mobile device, or we can print it for you and send it using 1st class Royal Mail.
Curious About... Warwick
Curious About... Warwick
Two walks are included in the booklet, the 2nd starts where the first finishes.
1. Warwick Town - 1.5 miles / 2.4 kms
Warwick, the county town of Warwickshire, is steeped in history, with many important medieval buildings pre-dating the Great Fire of 1694. Elsewhere are a number of buildings rebuilt in the elegant style of the late 17th and early 18th centuries. This route weaves its way around all this history and architecture and reveals the personality of a quintessential English town.
Warwick Eastgate Eastgate Children's University event1.5 hours
OK but diversion maybe needed
2. Park and River - 0.9 mile / 1.4 kms
Warwick stands on the banks of the beautiful River Avon. This walk takes you first to an impressive church and its grounds, before entering the very English St Nicholas Park, which falls gently down to the peaceful river. In the distance are the impressive buildings of historic Warwick School, and from the ancient garden where your walk concludes, stunning views of Warwick Castle.
Warwick Eastgate The Mill Garden Children's University event1 hour
Each Curious About booklet is A5 size. You can: a) download to your computer & print; b) download to your phone or tablet (different format) & use directly from there; c) order a pre-printed copy which we post to you. Each has a page dedicated to the history of Warwick; 2 pages summarising each walk with suggestions re what to visit along the way. Walk 1 has 21 clues & walk 2 has 14 - both with detailed directions to follow. There are stories about important people, places & events along the way; detailed instructions how to find a clue if you're stuck; a comprehensive map with the routes marked on.
When you click on the Add to Basket button a pop-up asks if you want to checkout using Stripe (default) or Paypal, or continue shopping. If you decide to checkout you are taken through payments via a quick & secure process managed by a third-party company called SendOwl. At the end of the payment process SendOwl will email you a confirmation email (inc download link if relevant).
Download files are typically between 3 and 6 mb. You have 14 days to complete your download, and up to 3 attempts are permitted. If you buy the print-at-home version you will need to print it on normal A4 paper and the email you receive, with the download link, explains how best to fold the pages to make it into an A5 booklet. If you buy the download to mobile version you will need pdf reading software on your phone or tablet, eg using the Adobe Acrobat App (free). Please see our FAQs page for further information.
The Curious About booklet has a flexible cover, which has been professionally printed. The inside pages are printed to order, to ensure that they are as up-to-date as possible. We post booklets out 1st class Royal Mail, usually the same, or next working day. A postage & packing charge of £1.49 is made for 1 or 2 booklets within the UK. 3 to 6 booklets it's £1.99, and after that it's £3.99. Outside the UK it's £2.49 for 1 booklet, £3.49 for 2 booklets, £4.99 for 3 to 6 booklets and £7.99 after that.
If you are enrolled in the Children's University you can now gain hours towards your next award by completing one or more of our many Curious About walks.
Please note, for safety reasons a child should be accompanied by an adult, either parent/carer or person in loco parentis. Also, the booklets may require a degree of interpretation by an adult, as well as support and guidance.
To get your Children's University sticker:
- Buy the Curious About download or booklet (which will contain two walks).
- Complete one or both walks in your own time.
- Complete the Returns Form below and send it to us:
Complete one form for each location (eg Warwick).
Let us know one additional interesting fact you discovered along the route for each walk you complete (this provides proof that you did it / them).
- We will then send you an email with your sticker, which you can print, cut out and stick in your passport. Hours awarded will equal those shown against each walk.